Principal Engineer Standards and Specifications
Job no: 494680
Work type: Permanent Full time
Categories: Mechanical, Process, Environmental, Control Systems / Computer, Electrical, Civil, Geotechnical, Chemical
About the position
Reporting to the Manager Engineering and Technical Support, you will lead and manage the Engineering Standards and Specifications unit, contribute to the leadership of the Engineering and Technical Support team and Asset Portfolio Development and Delivery group.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Lead and manage the performance of the Standards and Specifications unit.
- Manage the provision of Mechanical and Civil Engineering advice to primarily the Asset Portfolio Development and Delivery group.
- Develop and maintain a stable, efficient, effective, and standardised engineering environment whilst incorporating appropriate best practice and system improvements.
- Manage the interface with external organisations, their consultants and contractors to ensure all works that they construct for Seqwater or works that may impact on Seqwater’s network assets are compliant with any relevant requirements and “fit for purpose”.
Skills and experience
- Proven experience in leading technical teams and managing their performance.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering.
- Qualification as a Registered Professional Engineer (RPEQ) of Queensland or Chartered Engineer.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Water Industry structure in South East Queensland and a sound knowledge of the constituent natural and built assets.
- Proven experience in managing the assessment, providing advice and determining acceptable solutions regarding the impact of any proposed infrastructure or activity that could impact on the integrity of the organisation’s network assets.
- Demonstrated experience in providing design and design review of water infrastructure including civil structures, large diameter pipe networks and pumping stations with particular emphasis on constructability and future operations and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the preparation of efficient and effective standards and specifications and ensuring their currency and availability.
- Experience in and knowledge and understanding of the application of Quality Assurance principles and systems.
- Unrestricted Drivers Licence for a motor vehicle.
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation;
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities;
- A team orientated work environment.
To submit an application
Please submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 9am, Monday 29 May 2017
For further information please contact Clare Taylor, Talent Acquisition Officer on 07 3035 5582.
Seqwater is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants to apply. For more information about employment opportunities at Seqwater visit careers.seqwater.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now