Electrical and Control Systems Engineer
Job no: 494723
Work type: Temporary
Categories: Control Systems / Computer, Electrical
About the position
As Electrical and Control Systems Engineer, you will be responsible to provide electrical and control systems engineering support and advice primarily to the Asset Portfolio Development and Delivery Group.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Work in partnership with Seqwater personnel and other stakeholders to ensure effective operation of Seqwater’s water assets.
- Develop and review electrical and control systems engineering related work.
- Conduct detailed design review of electrical and control system for CAPEX projects
- Create/update engineering standards, templates and procedures
- Contribute to the project deliverables and outcomes of Seqwater’s monitoring and control system program.
- Support maintaining a stable and standardized engineering environment whilst incorporating appropriate best practice and systems improvements.
Please note these are fixed term opportunities with one role until 14 April 2018 and the second until 30 Dec 2017.
Desirable skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical or equivalent Engineering discipline.
- Eligibility for qualification as a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland or Chartered Engineer is desirable.
- Sound knowledge of the water supply processes or similar process industry.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse the performance of systems, facilities and assets in line with documented procedures and methods, identify areas for improvement and optimization, and develop operational, maintenance and process solutions.
- Ability to review and comprehend complex engineering and process drawings and specifications, analyse complex problems, identify critical issues and develop appropriate solutions.
- Ability to analyse the performance of systems, facilities and assets, identify areas for improvement and optimisation, and develop solutions for the asset, operational, maintenance or process changes as required.
- Experience in supporting distributed control systems with geographically dispersed and interdependent multi-site facilities and process plants in Water, Gas or Petrochemical industries.
- Working knowledge of SCADA / HMI, automation software and hardware and a demonstrated ability to learn and apply and support new solutions.
- Programming experience in Siemens PLC and/or Schneider PLC systems
- Configuration experience in Schneider Citect SCADA, Clear SCADA platforms
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater’s Certified Agreement as PO3 with a salary of $89,102.83 per annum and up to 12.75% superannuation.
To submit an application
Please submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 9am Tuesday 27 June 2017
For further information please contact Clare Taylor, Talent Acquisition Officer on 07 3035 5582.
Seqwater is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants to apply. For more information about employment opportunities at Seqwater visit careers.seqwater.com.a
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now