Team Lead Payroll Services
Job no: 494837
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Finance, Accounting and Economics
About the position
This is a new position, presenting an exciting opportunity for the right person to make this role their own. We are seeking a talented and experienced Payroll Team Leader to take a hands-on approach to leading a small, dedicated payroll team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will:
- Lead, mentor and coach a small team of payroll officers
- Oversee end to end payroll for approx 750 people
- Provide comprehensive payroll advice
- Undertake continuous improvement activities with a view to ensuring best practice, streamlining processes, reducing manual handling and focusing on a value add service
- Provide expert advice in the preparation and design of management and financial payroll exception reports, dashboards etc.
- Undertake comprehensive and complex payroll analytical services.
Desirable skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in finance, business or a related field (highly regarded)
- CPA or ICAA membership (highly regarded)
- Appropriate payroll specialist qualifications and membership
- Advanced knowledge of payroll systems, payroll legislation and related tax laws; EBA interpretations and payroll processes and systems
- Proven leadership skills in mentoring and developing and leading payroll process change
- Ability to be a true Business Partner, with demonstrated interpersonal skills incl. consultation, facilitation, conflict resolution and negotiation
- Extensive experience in payroll management, analysis and reporting
- extensive experience dealing with external stakeholders.
What you'll love about us
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including superannuation up to 12.75%
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team oriented work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free parking close to our Ipswich head office
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's Certified Agreement as AO7, with a salary of $105,473.76 per annum plus up to 12.75% superannuation.
To submit an application
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the Apply button.
Applications close 5pm, Thursday 23rd November 2017
For further information please contact Vanessa Cheevers - HR Business Partner 0439 844 391
Seqwater is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants to apply. For more information about employment opportunities at Seqwater visit careers.seqwater.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now