Senior Category Specialist - Opex
Job no: 494842
Work type: Permanent
Location: Ipswich, All
Categories: Procurement / Contract Management / Logistics
About the position
You will gain an understanding of the business by working closely with our Operations teams across the Seqwater network. Develop category strategies to manage risk, deliver value and perpetuate partnering with Suppliers, Contractors and other Water Utilities. We want you to think outside of the box, this is an opportunity to make a difference.
Reporting to the Principal – Category Management Opex, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders by aligning the procurement strategy with business objectives.
The Senior Category Specialist will work with Seqwater senior managers, suppliers and external stakeholders to design, develop, manage and maintain strategic category plans that cover a broad range of business elements. These include maintaining thorough knowledge of supply chain, partnering with related entities throughout South East Queensland, Australia and internationally, strategic sourcing activities, commercial relationships, supply process, transaction systems, contract and supplier management, decision support models and demand management protocols.
Desirable skills and experience
- Can do attitude with a desire to deliver best value deals to enable Seqwater.
- A degree qualification in Business, procurement or a related discipline is desirable, not mandatory.
- Detailed working knowledge of legislation, contract law, common law principles and ethical procedures relating to tenders and administering contracts.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in the selection, preparation and execution of commercial agreements with an Opex focus.
- Relevant and proven experience of Category Management, strategic sourcing, contract management and supplier relationship management.
- Relevant and proven experience in the application of market analysis tools – industry analysis and supplier analysis – and a demonstrated understanding of the cost drivers in the associated markets.
- Advanced capability in developing and implementing category management strategies, applying policy, running inquiries, conducting negotiations, benchmarking, and drafting and executing commercial agreements and forecast savings.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including an ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
We are committed to providing our people with a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- Personal development planning and structured training program will be agreed with successful candidates
- A team oriented work environment.
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater’s Certified Agreement as AO8 with a base salary of $116,548.15 per annum and up to 12.75% superannuation.
To submit an application
Please submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 27 November 2017
For further information please contact Shabeena, HR Officer on 0427 746 481.
Seqwater is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants to apply. For more information about employment opportunities at Seqwater visit careers.seqwater.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now