Asset Sustainability Engineer - Mechanical
Job no: 494992
Work type: Permanent
Your new position
Reporting to the Principal Asset Sustainability, you will be responsible to contribute to the management of existing and future assets to achieve water supply strategies and legislation obligations at least whole of life cost. This is an exciting time at Seqwater, as we embed our new Vision and Values. You primary responsibilities will be:
- Provision of discipline engineering in the delivery of process optimization and minor improvements, including in response to emergent issues and risks.
- Provision of discipline engineering assessment for the definition of the sustainability of existing assets, using risk and criticality ratings.
- Support Operational and Program delivery activities as required.
You will be an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar field, with highly developed verbal communication skills with diverse stakeholders. Your demonstrated professional operational and accounting knowledge relative to asset management will see you succeed in this role.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering
- Qualifications and professional experience in management or project management are desirable.
- Substantial experience in the management of infrastructure, evaluation of assets and their performance, including dams, treatment plants, pumping equipment and pipelines.
- Unrestricted Class C drivers license.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free parking close to our Ipswich head office
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as a PO5 with a salary of $115,103.53 plus up to 12.75% superannuation
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 9am Thursday 26th April 2018
For further information please contact Jess Barker on 0428 422 590.
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’
We live by our values:
Care - Integrity - Respect - Courage
For a list of all current vacancies (including position descriptions) visit careers.seqwater.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now