Project WHS Advisor - Somerset Hydro Recovery
Job no: 496034
Work type: Temporary
Location: Somerset, All
Your new position
As the WHS Advisor, you will use your skills and experience to Implement and maintain the Safety Management System (SMS) and best practice work health and safety initiatives to support the Somerset Hydro Recovery project. This is an exciting time at Seqwater, as we embed our new Vision and Values. Reporting to the Principal Project manager, we are looking for a motivated and experienced individual responsible for the following:
- Site based safety management of capital works undertaken by contractors across a range of operational assets.
- Implementation of the Principal’s site specific Safety Management Plan and ongoing management of the plan including revisions and updates as required.
- Communicate and engage with site personnel, contractors and key stakeholders to advise on matters relating to safety for projects across Seqwater.
- Provide WHS support and guidance through coaching and mentoring of employees and management on Safety Management System (SMS) requirements and principles.
You will have demonstrated experience in a project based WHS role along with the following:
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or working toward a tertiary qualification in Work Health and Safety.
- Formal training in Incident Investigation (eg ICAM or TapRoot) or attainment towards.
- Lead Auditor in Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems or attainment towards.
- Unrestricted Class C Driver’s License
- Demonstrated experience in similar roles, including safety management of construction works.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and conduct risk assessments.
- Knowledge of risks and controls associated with Confined Space, Working at Height, Hazardous Chemicals and Dangerous Goods and other high risk work.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations and codes of practice through a Safety Management System.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as a AO6 with a salary of $94,399.35 plus up to 12.75% superannuation
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 9am Friday 22 June 2018
For further information please contact Tess Anderson on 0419 553 176
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’
We live by our values:
Care - Integrity - Respect - Courage
For a list of all current vacancies (including position descriptions) visit careers.seqwater.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now