Senior Category Specialist - Capex
Job no: 496059
Work type: Temporary
Categories: Procurement / Contract Management / Logistics
Your new position
As the Senior Category Specialist, you will use your skills and experience to align procurement strategy with business objectives. Working with senior manager, suppliers and external stakeholders to oversee the strategic category plans that cover a broad range of business elements.
This is an exciting time at Seqwater, as we embed our new Vision and Values. Reporting to the Principal – Category Management, we are looking for an experienced Senior Category Specialist who can:
- Develop and maintain relationships with all stakeholders to ensure optimum business outcomes.
- Influence development of business objectives and operational direction across the business, in particular opportunities leveraged in procurement markets and the supply chain.
- Develop, implement and maintain the overall category strategy to deliver optimum business outcomes.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and management of the Commercial services engagement model by providing best value delivery of initiatives.
To see you succeed in this values-led organisation you will have a strong customer support approach coupled with your qualifications and extensive professional experience in delivering capital procurement activities
- Qualifications in Business, procurement or a related discipline or commensurate experience
- Demonstrated extensive experience in capital works procurement activities
- Relevant professional membership with would be desirable.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in the selection, preparation and execution of commercial agreements
- Relevant and proven experience of Category Management, strategic sourcing, contract management and supplier relationship management. Specific to Capital Works projects.
- Sound interpersonal skills including acumen for negotiation and an ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free parking close to our Ipswich head office
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as an AO8 with a salary of $120,044.60 plus up to 12.75% superannuation
Please note a criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 9am, Tuesday 24 July 2018
For further information please contact Tess on 0419 553 176
Integrity, respect, care and courage are at the heart of the way we work and interact with our colleagues, stakeholders, customers and the communities every day.
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’
For a list of all current vacancies (including position descriptions) visit careers.seqwater.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now