Category Specialist - Capex
Job no: 496273
Work type: Temporary, Permanent
Categories: Finance, Accounting and Economics
Exciting temporary opportunity to join Seqwater in the role of Category Specialist – Capex until Jan 2020.
Your new position
Reporting to the Principal – Category Management Capex, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders by aligning the procurement strategy with business objectives.
You will work closely with Planning and Program Delivery team on both Greenfield and Brownfield sites. The works include large civil projects including dams, pipelines and stabilisation projects; upgrades to water treatment plants; monitoring and control systems projects; electrical upgrades; minor works projects up to $1million requiring agile and proficient contribution as well as various other activities from time to time. The work is challenging and rewarding and you get to work with a team that is focussed on delivery of exceptional results.
To see you succeed in this values-led organisation you will have relevant experience of strategic sourcing, contract management and supplier management and a minimum of 5 years experience in a procurement function, as well as:
- Can do attitude with a desire to deliver best value deals to enable Seqwater.
- A degree qualification in Business, procurement or a related discipline is desirable, not mandatory.
- General knowledge of legislation, contract law, common law principles and ethical procedures relating to tenders and administering contracts.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the selection, preparation and execution of commercial agreements with a Capex focus.
- Relevant and proven experience of sourcing, contract management and supplier relationship management.
- Relevant and proven experience in the application of market analysis tools – industry analysis and supplier analysis.
- Procurement technical skills, confirmed capability in each of the key areas detailed previously.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free parking close to our Ipswich head office
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as AO7 with a salary of $108,637.97 plus up to 12.75% superannuation
Please note a criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Monday 29th April 2019 at 9am.
For further information please contact Jess Barker on 0428 422 590
Integrity, respect, care and courage are at the heart of the way we work and interact with our colleagues, stakeholders, customers and the communities every day.
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’
For a list of all current vacancies (including position descriptions) visit careers.seqwater.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now