Senior Project Manager - Specialist (LMDU)
Job no: 496276
Work type: Temporary
Location: Ipswich, Lake MacDonald
Categories: Projects / Construction / Commissioning, Other
Seqwater require a Senior Specialist Project Manager to lead the project delivery team to work on our Lake McDonald Dam (DLM) Upgrade located adjacent to Noosa WTP on the beautiful Sunshine Coast.
This position is available immediately and is expected through to end of June 2022.
Your new position
This is an exciting time at Seqwater, as we embed our new Vision and Values. Reporting to Principal Project Manager you will plan, lead and manage delivery of this project with indicative value of $60m-$80m.
- Undertake contract negotiation with multiple Tier 1 construction contractors and finalisation of ETI process
- Contract Administration of AS4000 (amended) on behalf of Seqwater with Tier 1 construction contractor
- Undertake day to day management of DLM project team (circa 8-10 personal)
- Manage the engagement of external providers and internal stakeholders to obtain best value in seamless asset improvement delivery.
- Ensure project delivery occurs in accordance with Seqwater processes, project management procedures, including project structures, controls and governance, risk management, stakeholder communications and reporting.
- Provide expert advice and support for DLM project delivery including risk mitigation, financial management, governance matters including:
- Safety management and leadership;
- Approvals (planning and environmental approvals are currently underway);
- Engineering and investigations – Detailed Design review and mitigation of risk;
- Communication & Stakeholder engagement (to deliver activities consistent with a current Plan);
- Operational readiness interface;
- As required, engagement with other entities or agencies (e.g. Energex, SCRC, Building Queensland)
- Coach and mentor project team members.
- Position will be required to operate within the Brisbane/Ipswich region for 12 months for contract development, finalisation, governance and reporting. Following this position will be based on Sunshine Coast (Noosa WTP site office) for delivery.
You will be an experienced Senior Project Manager with 15+ years’ demonstrated experience in managing the delivery of major water infrastructure projects of a complex and multi-disciplinary engineering nature (including Dam’s) of project values of $50m+ as well as the following:
- Appropriate Engineering civil qualifications are highly desirable.
- Qualifications in Project Management are required.
- Qualifications for Corporate Membership to the Institute of Engineers Australia of Australian Institute of Project Management, or ability to gain qualifications within six months of appointment.
- Class C Driver’s Licence
- Substantial knowledge and experience of water infrastructure and treatment systems.
- Experience in working with Tier 1 construction contractors client side in delivery of major projects (preferably water industry related)
- Expert knowledge and experience in contract management, including knowledge of the requirements of various Australian Standards of General Conditions of Contract, permits, approvals and delivery and risk models related to delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated successful achievement in site supervision as Superintendent’s Representative on major infrastructure projects.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Wednesday 1st May 2019 at 9am.
For further information please contact Jess Barker on 0428 422 590
Integrity, respect, care and courage are at the heart of the way we work and interact with our colleagues, stakeholders, customers and the communities every day.
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’
For a list of all current vacancies (including position descriptions) visit careers.seqwater.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now