Manager Budget Strategy and Performance
Job no: 496282
Work type: Temporary, Permanent
Categories: Finance, Accounting and Economics
A challenging fixed term opportunity exists for an experienced Financial Leader to join Seqwater as the Manager Budget Strategy and Performance.
This position is available immediately for 12 months.
Your new position
You will lead Seqwater’s Budget Strategy and Performance Team, who are responsible for coordinating, supporting and monitoring performance against budget, as well as processing the accounts payable and receivable. As well as:
- Develop and coordinate the annual budget preparation strategy ensuring alignment with the Strategic Planning Process, Operational Plan development and economic regulation requirements.
- Lead and manage the preparation of modelled projections, analysis and commentary for the annual budget and forecasting processes ensuring alignment with Executive and Board expectations and approvals.
- Lead and manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions ensuring finance processes comply with acceptable internal control and governance requirements and are compatible with achieving business outcomes.
- Actively contribute to the effective operation of Seqwater through the provision of advice and support in relation to the development and implementation of strategies, systems, policies and initiatives.
To see you succeed in this values-led organisation you will be a strategic finance professional with at least 10 years’ experience in complex organisations, with a minimum of five years’ experience leading a large team and developing and implementing budget strategies, as well as:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and managing a team of professionals in order to deliver effective business outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and timely delivery of management reports
- Proven experience in the coordination, preparation and administration of budgets
- Experience in the use of computerised Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems.
- Exceptional relationship building skills to develop strong and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- CPA or CA qualification desirable
- Unrestricted drivers licence for a motor vehicle.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free Parking close to our Ipswich Head Office
Please note a criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 9am Monday 13th May 2019
For further information please contact Jess on 0428 422 590
Integrity, respect, care and courage are at the heart of the way we work and interact with our colleagues, stakeholders, customers and the communities every day.
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo
For a list of all current vacancies (including position descriptions) visit careers.seqwater.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now