Job no: 496339
Work type: Temporary
Location: Brisbane, Ipswich
Are you an Electrical Engineer with experience in HV and LV Switchgear, if so we want to hear from you!
Your new position
As the Electrical Engineer, you will provide electrical engineering information, advice and technical support to ensure works undertaken for Seqwater are technically sound, compliant and ‘fit for purpose’. You will work within your team, and engage with the broader business to:
- Develop, improve and maintain, ‘fit for purpose’ and cost-effective electrical engineering standards and technical specifications.
- Develop and review electrical designs, work scopes and related documentation.
- Provide electrical engineering support, analysis, technical advice, verification, problem solving and troubleshooting services; primarily to the Asset Portfolio Development and Delivery Group.
- Work in partnership with Seqwater personnel and other stakeholders to ensure safe, reliable and effective operation of Seqwater’s water assets.
- Support maintaining a stable and standardised engineering environment whilst incorporating appropriate best practice and system improvements.
This position is available through to June 2020 with possibility of extension.
The position is based in Ipswich however, dependent on location of successful candidate, there is also the possibility of working predominantly from our Brisbane CBD office to balance out work / life.
Full details are available on the position description at careers.seqwater.com.au
You will have experience in electrical system design and with the development of engineering standards and / or technical specifications. You will also have:
- Degree qualifications in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Experience working within operating plant environments; either in a maintenance engineering or brown field installation and site commissioning capacity (highly desirable).
- Knowledge and experience working with heavy industrial electrical plant and equipment; including variable frequency drives, HV and LV Switchgear, HV/LV motors, UPS and electrical protection systems.
- Registration as a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (desirable).
- ‘C’ Class drivers licence
- Sound knowledge of water sources, water treatment and supply processes and assets or similar industry.
- Knowledge of HAZOP and CHAZOP assessments.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free Parking close to our Ipswich Head Office
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as PO4 with a salary of $105,166.28 plus up to 12.75% superannuation
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Monday 17th June 2019 at 9am
For further information please email enquiries to email@example.com
Please note – applications can not be accepted via email
Integrity, respect, care and courage are at the heart of the way we work and interact with our colleagues, stakeholders, customers and the communities every day.
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now