Water Quality Improvement Officer
Job no: 496343
Work type: Temporary
Categories: Water Quality
Join our team at the beautiful Hinze Dam and play a key role in contributing to the provision of safe drinking water across South East Queensland. This is a backfill position and currently available through to July 2020.
Your new position
You will play a key role in the implementation of the overarching framework for drinking water quality management for Seqwater. Your focus will be on managing water quality risk from catchment to tap and implementing management programs across Seqwater and with bulk water customers.
It is essential you can provide high level technical support to the Drinking Water Quality unit for risk assessments, audits, reviews and report and provide high level technical and scientific water quality advice to all parts of Seqwater.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Drinking Water Quality Management Plan (DWQMP) to ensure compliance with Regulations, Regulator approval conditions and ISO22000 (for drinking water).
- Assist in the implementation of the DWQMP and HACCP plans for assets in your region and participate in the development of stakeholders programs.
- Undertake regular internal audits against the DWQMP and HACCP plans, identify improvements and report findings.
- Provide water quality data analysis and participate in long-term assessments of drinking water quality for WTPs and the supply system
Full details available on the position description at careers.seqwater.com.au
To set you up for success in this role you will have:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant science or engineering discipline
- Auditing qualifications such as Exemplar Global – Drinking Water Lead Auditor are highly desirable.
- Open Class C Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in water treatment and distribution systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and Australian Guidelines for Water Recycling.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in performing audits.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in data analysis and reporting.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as PO4 with a salary of $105,166.28 plus up to 12.75% superannuation
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Monday 17th June 2019 at 9am
For further information please email enquiries to Jessica.email@example.com (applications can not be accepted via email)
Please note a criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Integrity, respect, care and courage are at the heart of the way we work and interact with our colleagues, stakeholders, customers and the communities every day.
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now