2 x permanent Operator Supply positions are available to join our Mt Crosby and South Somerset teams and be part of our vision of ensuring ‘Water for Life’ for South East Queensland.
Your new position
Seqwater is the Queensland Government statutory authority responsible for providing a safe, secure and cost-effective bulk drinking water supply for 3.2 million people across South East Queensland. We are passionate about our vision and values and currently on a journey of culture transformation to ensure Seqwater becomes an employer of choice. Join us on this journey and bring with you your passion for change!
As an Operator Supply, you will use your skills and experience to ensure continuous and efficient operation of water treatment plants.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor in respective regions, we are looking for Operators who can:
- Monitor and control water treatment processes
- Undertake operational tasks and maintain specified outcomes as outlined in the standard operating procedures
- Ensure effective water treatment plant operation under limited supervision
- Under supervision, establish chemical doses and process variables
The successful candidate for the South Somerset Region position will be expected to participate in an on-call roster when deemed competent by the Operations Supervisor.
The Mt Crosby based position is full time shift work on a 24/7 rotating roster (day, afternoon and morning shifts).
To see you succeed in this values-led organisation, you will have a great work ethic coupled with your skills and experience in the water industry
- Water Industry Operations Certificate III or equivalent qualifications and experience in water industry operations
- Certificate in Confined Space Entry Procedures (desirable)
- Senior First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Working knowledge of Permit to Work/Site Access systems
- Working knowledge of field monitoring equipment / laboratory testing equipment
- Knowledge of WHS issues as applicable to industrial facilities
- Minimum of 12 months experience in the operation and maintenance of water treatment plant and equipment
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as an OO2/OO3 Operations classification with a salary ranging from $59,098.02 to $63,150.47 plus up to 12.75% superannuation.
Please note a criminal history check and medical will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Wednesday 21st August 2019 at 5pm.
For further information please contact Jess 0428 422 590
Integrity, respect, care and courage are at the heart of the way we work and interact with our colleagues, stakeholders, customers and the communities every day.
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’