Senior Asset Information Officer
Job no: 497411
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Internal Audit, Governance and Compliance
We are seeking an experienced Senior Asset Officer to join us in this rare permanent opportunity!
Your new position
Seqwater is the Queensland Government statutory authority responsible for providing a safe, secure and cost-effective bulk drinking water supply for 3.2 million people across South East Queensland. We are passionate about our vision and values and currently on a journey of culture transformation to ensure Seqwater becomes an employer of choice. Join us on this journey and bring with you your passion for change!
Reporting to the Principal Asset Systems and Information Governance you will provide expert advice and guidance in data practices and associated processes across the entire asset information lifecycle including the creation and maintenance of processes related to data lifecycle management as well as problem solving for data quality issues. You will possess significant stakeholder engagement skills to ensure the effectiveness of data stewardship and to ensure business asset information needs are met through business specifications and standards for the entire asset information lifecycle.
Key responsibilities will be as follows but certainly not limited to:
- Create and maintain a detailed schedule, including a resource plan for the creation of assets and the related data and artefacts.
- Conduct reviews of key asset system processes, procedures and standards then propose and implement changes as approved.
- Carry out key asset system processes, procedures and standards as required.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to asset information stakeholders, identifying their data needs, the facilitating an outcome that fits within the asset information management strategy.
- Define, create and manage asset data lifecycle initiatives to achieve cleansing, augmentation, analysis, distribution and disposal of asset related data as it relates to asset management practices, and processes across Seqwater.
Full details available on the position description at careers.seqwater.com.au
Your in-depth knowledge and experience in asset management as well as a thorough understanding of the water industry will be key to success in this role, you will be an advocate for positive change with an ability to communicate effectively across the entire organisation at all levels.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline which may include Business, Asset Management, Information Technology, or a high level of experience in asset management information in a utility-based industry.
- Formal training in Asset Management, Information Management, Data Science Statistics, Econometrics and/or Analytics is highly desirable.
- Formal change management qualification is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of complex data acquisition, cleansing, augmentation, analysis, mining and distribution in an asset intensive industry resulting in improved decision making.
- Demonstrated knowledge of asset management systems (such as ISO55000) and information management principles and experience documenting, planning, directing and evaluating application of these within complex organisational environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use of GIS, drawing management, document management and SCADA is highly desirable
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free Parking close to our Ipswich Head Office
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as an AO6 with a salary of $97,231.33 plus up to 12.75% superannuation
Please note a criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Monday 26th August 2019 at 9am.
For further information please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note – applications can not be accepted via email
Integrity, respect, care and courage are at the heart of the way we work and interact with our colleagues, stakeholders, customers and the communities every day.
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now