At Seqwater, it is our job to deliver clean, reliable and affordable water and catchment services to our customers and communities across South East Queensland. We are committed to our vision of ‘water for life’ through working with our stakeholders, customers and communities to develop an adaptive plan for a sustainable water future.
Over the next 10 years we forecast an unprecedented volume of project work for Seqwater as we invest well over $1B renewing and upgrading our asset base to meet water security and flood resilience demands. These projects have a high profile in our community and require first class governance and proactive engagement with a broad range of stakeholders and will require a high level of accountability, dedication and commitment to achieve results. Recognising the importance of this work, Seqwater has created a new dedicated Major Projects team.
Your new role
The newly created Major Projects team are seeking a Manager Communications and Engagement. You will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of successful communications, community and stakeholder engagement strategies for multibillion-dollar program of works across our bulk water supply network.
Reporting directly to the General Manager Major Projects you will be required to develop innovative and effective communication and stakeholder engagement campaigns to identify issues, mitigate risks, optimise opportunities and ensure consistent and strategically sound messaging associated with the planning, development and delivery of a range of major projects.
You will utilise your exceptional stakeholder management skills as well as the ability to work effectively with and influence diverse stakeholder groups to achieve organisational goals and capabilities in a high-profile environment.
If this sounds like you and you want to know more then please have look at our careers page careers.seqwater.com.au; where you can view a detailed position description and learn why its great work with Seqwater.
Initially this role is a fixed term contract until end June 2024.
To set you up for success in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a field appropriate to the position (communications, engagement, public relations or journalism preferred).
- Minimum 7-10 years’ senior experience leading communications, engagement and/or public relations.
- A comprehensive understanding of the Queensland political environment and demonstrated capacity for sound judgement in a politically and socially sensitive setting.
- Demonstrated experience working in complex environments, including the ability to translate project ambitions into communications and engagement design, as well as the ability to effectively lead a section or stream within a broader project context.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and communicate effectively to a broad range of stakeholders who have varying levels of relevant expertise or knowledge.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and relocation support available
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free Parking close to our Ipswich Head Office
Please note a criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Salary is highly competitive and will be commensurate with experience
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Friday 20th September 2019 at 9am
For further information please call Jessica Barker on 0428 422 590
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’