Manager Engineering and Technical Support
Job no: 497438
Work type: Temporary
Categories: Mechanical, Process, Environmental, Control Systems / Computer, Electrical, Civil, Geotechnical, Chemical, General Management / Leadership
At Seqwater, it is our job to deliver clean, reliable and affordable water and catchment services to our customers and communities across South East Queensland. We are committed to our vision of ‘water for life’ through working with our stakeholders, customers and communities to develop an adaptive plan for a sustainable water future.
Over the next 10 years we forecast an unprecedented volume of project work for Seqwater as we invest well over $1B renewing and upgrading our asset base to meet water security and flood resilience demands. These projects have a high profile in our community and require first class governance and proactive engagement with a broad range of stakeholders and will require a high level of accountability, dedication and commitment to achieve results. Recognising the importance of this work, Seqwater has created a new dedicated Major Projects team.
Your new role
The newly created Major Projects team are seeking a Manager Engineering and Technical Support to play a senior leadership role in setting and implementing the strategy and framework for planning and delivery of Seqwater’s high value capital projects.
You will be reporting directly into the General Manager Major Projects and will play a critical role leading, driving and delivering timely, cost effective engineering and technical support services for large critical water security infrastructure programs.
Your key focus will be to establish and implement as well as maintain world class engineering standards and frameworks across the Seqwater Major Projects group. You will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of technical expertise and rigour is applied throughout the concept, design and construction phases of the project lifecycle of these multi-billion-dollar high profile projects.
If this sounds like you and you want to know more then please have look at our careers page careers.seqwater.com.au; where you can view a detailed position description and learn why its great work with Seqwater.
Initially this role is a fixed term contract until end June 2024.
To set you up for success in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering with at least 10 years professional experience.
- Qualification as a Registered Professional Engineer.
- Post Graduate qualifications in management or project management will be highly regarded.
- Extensive experience as a senior leader
- Significant experience in engineering design and review and development of technical documents for significant or major water related infrastructure.
- Substantial experience in the provision of cross-business and multi-disciplinary engineering services for a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in project management procedures, technical specifications development, tender development, and contract administration.
- Strong results orientation and a proven track record of delivering major projects on time, on budget and to required quality standards
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and relocation support available
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free Parking close to our Ipswich Head Office
Please note a criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Salary is highly competitive and will be commensurate with experience
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Friday 20th September 2019 at 9am
For further information please call Jessica Barker on 0428 422 590
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now