- Exciting leadership opportunity to lead a multi-disciplinary team analysing multi-billion dollar commercial and legal contracts.
- Do you enjoy leading a team of highly skilled professionals focused on constructing a lasting legacy for the Water Security of South East Queensland.
- Join our newly created and dedicated Major Projects team and make a difference!
At Seqwater, it is our job to deliver clean, reliable and affordable water and catchment services to our customers and communities across South East Queensland. We are committed to our vision of ‘water for life’ through working with our stakeholders, customers and communities to develop an adaptive plan for a sustainable water future.
Over the next 10 years we forecast an unprecedented volume of project work for Seqwater as we invest well over $1B years renewing and upgrading our asset base to meet water security and flood resilience demands. These projects have a high profile in our community and require first class governance and proactive engagement with a broad range of stakeholders and will require a high level of accountability, dedication and commitment to achieve results. Recognising the importance of this work, Seqwater has created a new dedicated Major Projects team.
Your new role
Our newly created Major Projects team are seeking a Manager Commercial, Legal and Contracts to play a senior leadership role in setting and implementing the commercial strategy and framework for the planning and delivery of Seqwater’s high value capital projects.
You will be reporting directly to the General Manager of Major Projects and will be responsible for leading a multi-disciplinary team made up of commercial, contract development, contract management, procurement, work health and safety, property, cultural heritage and approvals and planning.
Your team will be responsible for managing multi-billion dollar commercial and legal contracts to ensure that legal risks have been identified and appropriate courses of action are taken.
This is a challenging role and will see you utilising your extensive commercial experience as well as leadership qualities and negotiation skills to ensure value for money major project outcomes are achieved.
If this sounds like you and you want to know more then please have look at our careers page careers.seqwater.com.au; where you can view a detailed position description and learn why its great work with Seqwater.
Initially this role is a fixed term contract until end June 2024.
To set you up for success in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years professional experience including leading and managing a multi-skilled professional team in a dynamic environment.
- Have an advanced and integrated understanding of legal and commercial law in relation to Major Projects.
- Demonstrated ability in expert and specialised cognitive and technical skills required to manage and advise upon legal and commercial contracts during the tendering and construction phases.
- High level of analytical and investigative skills and the ability to provide comprehensive reports for consideration by the Board and management.
- Highly developed interpersonal management skills, and ability to maintain open and effective working communication with a broad range of professional groups, staff and stakeholders.
- Be familiar with, be able to critically reflect on, and be confident in working across, the interaction between the technical, commercial and legal aspects of Major projects.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and relocation support available
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free Parking close to our Ipswich Head Office
Please note a criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Salary is highly competitive and will be commensurate with experience
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Friday 20th September 9am
For further information please call Jessica Barker on 0428 422 590
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’