Project Director - Project Development
Job no: 497440
Work type: Temporary
Categories: Projects / Construction / Commissioning, Other
At Seqwater, it is our job to deliver clean, reliable and affordable water and catchment services to our customers and communities across South East Queensland. We are committed to our vision of ‘water for life’ through working with our stakeholders, customers and communities to develop an adaptive plan for a sustainable water future.
Over the next 10 years we forecast an unprecedented volume of project work for Seqwater as we invest well over $1B renewing and upgrading our asset base to meet water security and flood resilience demands. These projects have a high profile in our community and require first class governance and proactive engagement with a broad range of stakeholders and will require a high level of accountability, dedication and commitment to achieve results. Recognising the importance of this work, Seqwater has created a new dedicated Major Projects team.
Your new role
To ensure we succeed, the team is now seeking a Project Director – Project Development to lead the Project Development team. You will be tasked with establishing and embedding core strategic frameworks that enable planning and delivery of Seqwater high value capital projects. Such projects include significant upgrades to Dams, Treatment Plants and Pipelines across the SEQ water network.
Reporting directly to the General Manager Major Projects you will lead this newly formed team, and work closely with the Asset Planning team, to influence and develop business cases, ensuring scope and cost parameters meet the expectations of the Building Queensland’s Business Case Development Framework (where applicable), Queensland Treasury Project Assessment Framework (PAF) and business case assurance requirements. Building relationship across the organisation and with external stakeholders will be integral to the success of the major projects team.
If this sounds like you and you want to know more then please have look at our careers page careers.seqwater.com.au; where you can view a detailed position description and learn why its great to work with Seqwater.
Initially this role is a fixed term contract until end June 2024.
To set you up for success in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Engineering, Project Management or Economics.
- Tertiary qualifications in a management discipline would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in major project development incorporating water quality management, catchment management, natural resource management and environmental management.
- Demonstrated experience of scoping works for Major Projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of business cases for significant infrastructure projects.
- At least 10 years professional experience including leading and managing a multi-skilled professional team in a dynamic environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal management skills, and ability to maintain open and effective working communication with a broad range of professional groups, staff and stakeholders
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and relocation support available
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free Parking close to our Ipswich Head Office
Please note a criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Salary is highly competitive and will be commensurate with experience
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Friday 20th September 2019 at 9am
For further information please call Jessica Barker on 0428 422 590
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now