At Seqwater, it is our job to deliver clean, reliable and affordable water and catchment services to our customers and communities across South East Queensland. We are committed to our vision of ‘water for life’ through working with our stakeholders, customers and communities to develop an adaptive plan for a sustainable water future.
Over the next 10 years we forecast an unprecedented volume of project work for Seqwater as we invest well over $1B renewing and upgrading our asset base to meet water security and flood resilience demands. These projects have a high profile in our community and require first class governance and proactive engagement with a broad range of stakeholders and will require a high level of accountability, dedication and commitment to achieve results. Recognising the importance of this work, Seqwater has created a new dedicated Major Projects team.
Your new role
The newly created Major Projects team are seeking a Manager Controls and Assurance to lead the Project Finance, Risk, Controls and Assurance team within the newly created Major Projects Group.
You will be reporting directly to the General Manager Major Projects and you will be contributing to a group that manages multi-billion-dollar projects that delivers upgrades to Dams, treatment plans and pipelines across South East Queensland. Your key focus will be liaising with executive and senior management on the overall program schedule, cost control and management and risk and assurance.
This role will see you utlising your excellent stakeholder and communication skills to provide specialist advice on project controls and assurance issues relating to the Major Projects Group.
You will lead a multi-disciplinary team and provide direction and mentoring to create a working environment that empowers staff to take ownership of their work, encourages innovative thinking, teamwork, diversity, and a flexible and enthusiastic work culture that will enhance motivation to achieve business objectives.
If this sounds like you and you want to know more then please have look at our careers page careers.seqwater.com.au; where you can view a detailed position description and learn why its great work with Seqwater.
Initially this role is a fixed term contract until end June 2024.
To set you up for success in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Engineering or Project Management.
- Advanced skills in procedures for project controls implementation and management.
- Well-developed exposure to industry best practice, including use of current tools and systems for planning and cost control.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 scheduling software, highly desirable.
- Ability to prioritise strategic and long-term tasks by weighing up the importance, risk and impact; decisively, where appropriate.
- Demonstrated experience in major project planning and delivery.
- At least 10 years professional experience including leading and managing a multi-skilled professional team in a dynamic environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal management skills, and ability to maintain open and effective working communication with a broad range of professional groups, staff and stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate strong commercial understanding to resolve issues evaluates and balances commercial consideration (e.g. risks, customer needs, added value, costs to the business, long-term value).
- Ability to think strategically and implement solutions with attention to detail and a methodical approach to problem solving.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and relocation support available
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free Parking close to our Ipswich Head Office
Please note a criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Salary is highly competitive and will be commensurate with experience
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Friday 20th September 2019 at 9am
For further information please call Jessica Barker on 0428 422 590
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’