Supervisor Mechanical and Civil
Job no: 497482
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mt Crosby
Categories: Trade - Mechanical / Civil
We are seeking an experienced maintenance delivery leader with a sound knowledge of planning and scheduling in an operational environment.
At Seqwater, it is our job to deliver clean, reliable and affordable water and catchment services to our customers and communities across South East Queensland. We are committed to our vision of ‘water for life’ through working with our stakeholders, customers and communities to develop an adaptive plan for a sustainable water future.
About the role
Reporting to the Coordinator Asset Management Operations, Central Region, you will provide technical support and direction to ensure consistency across the district. You will lead a team of skilled tradespeople delivering preventative, non-routine maintenance activities and refurbishment programs across the Central region. You will project manage works as required to ensure all service objectives and budget targets are met within the required time frames.
You will contribute to the ongoing efficiency and effectiveness of the Seqwater Asset Management System, by developing a detailed understanding of the scope, function and nature of the Mechanical and Civil assets used in water treatment and bulk water storage across Seqwater. As well as:
- Provide leadership and supervision of mechanical and civil work teams for the regional maintenance delivery teams, ensuring the delivery of schedules, planned and reactive maintenance in a consistent and efficient manner to support operational requirements.
- Prioritise, schedule and Supervise works undertaken by tradesman either internal or external contract resources, optimise the use of resources to provide timely and cost-effective services.
- Participate in the effective planning, scheduling and coordination of preventative, non-routine and reactive maintenance activities and refurbishment programs across the region
Full details available on the position description at careers.seqwater.com.au
To ensure success in this role, you will have extensive experience in maintenance supervision as well as planning and scheduling. You will be a hands-on leader with demonstrated experience in driving efficiencies across maintenance delivery as well as the following:
- Associate Diploma in Engineering, or an appropriate trade qualification.
- Post trade qualification in maintenance management practices would be desirable.
- Possess a current "C" class Queensland Drivers Licence.
- Knowledge and understanding of the scope, function and nature of the Mechanical and Civil assets used in water treatment and bulk water storage.
- Knowledge of processes used to assess the condition of assets and establish the most appropriate maintenance regime for the assets.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in leading a team of contractors and/or skilled tradespersons, trade assistants, apprentices, contractors and consultants.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Extensive experience in delivering change within the workplace
- Experience in identifying the resource requirements necessary to perform maintenance tasks
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and relocation support available
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
Please note a criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as an MS2 with a salary $115,152.05 plus up to 12.75% superannuation
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Monday 27 January at 9am
For further information please email Tess.Anderson@seqwater.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now