Senior Planning Engineer - Dams & Weirs (2 positions)
Job no: 497688
Work type: Temporary
Location: Brisbane, Ipswich
Categories: Projects / Construction / Commissioning, Civil, Geotechnical
Your new position
- Contract until 25/12/2021 (with potential for extension)
Reporting to the Principal - Storage Planning, and as a senior member of the Asset Strategy and Planning Team, your responsibilities will include managing and undertaking planning for major and complex asset improvements to the dams and weirs portfolio to ensure that these assets efficiently achieve agreed compliance with industry best practice design and regulatory standards.
As a Senior Planning Engineer - Dams and Weir you will be involved in facilitating the delivery of the necessary planning, design and construction support for upcoming major projects including Wivenhoe, North Pine and Borumba Dams in addition to the current support for Somerset and Ewen Maddock Dams as well as Portfolio Risk Assessment Stage 3.
In this role, you will be providing continuity of engineering support to oversee the development of upgrade options that are value for money, efficient and meet the specific time frames in the Asset Portfolio Master Plan (APMP).
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing Strategic Business Case documentation for Major and Medium storage asset improvements to meet the Seqwater Dam Improvement Program including evaluation and identification of opportunities for improvement projects to ensure ongoing compliance
- Providing a high level of planning and engineering advice for effective transition of approved business cases
- Overseeing and undertaking planning to maintain the currency of assets
- Utilising your extensive engineering knowledge in dam and water asset planning to prepare, manage and present reports to key stakeholders
- Managing the deliverables and scope of work of consultants to ensure they adequately address all key issues and work towards compliance
- Supporting the Principle – Storage Planning in meeting targets for time, costs and the quality of team deliverables.
Full details available on the position description at careers.seqwater.com.au
To be successful in the role you will be Tertiary qualified with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Civil Engineering and experienced with dam design and construction.
Some of the other requirements you will also possess will include:
- Experience in the geotechnical or hydraulic engineering for the design and construction of large and complex infrastructure projects and other storage assets
- Current active RPEQ registration in a discipline relevant to the position (mandatory)
- Applied and high-level knowledge of dam safety regulatory requirements and guidelines in Queensland and Australia
- Demonstrated high level skills in consultation, negotiation and co-ordination, and the ability to work with people at all levels internally and externally
- Proven ability to prepare high quality planning reports and strategic business cases
- Proven high level ability to deliver services, and effectively manage design or construction projects, utilising external consultants, contractors, professionals and partnership arrangements
Please note: This role will find you based in our Ipswich office however you will also spend time in Brisbane. Tools of trade are provided, and you will have access to pool vehicles therefore it is important you hold a current open drivers licence.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as a PO6 with a salary of $131,947 plus up to 12.75% superannuation.
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
A criminal history check and other background checks will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Applications close: 20th September 2020 at 5.00pm
For further information please email enquiries to email@example.com
Please note – applications cannot be accepted via email
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now