Job no: 497691
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mt Crosby, Wivenhoe, Kilcoy, Somerset
Categories: Field Ranger, Recreation and Catchment
Your new position
We have an opportunity within our Central Region based at our Somerset Dam operation for a Field Ranger to carry out a range of natural resource management functions across a range of assets, including catchments and recreation facilities in order to provide safe and fit for purpose facilities suitable for public use.
The role includes the provision of boating patrols on Seqwater lakes and vehicle patrols on Seqwater owned land, as well as supporting the delivery of fire management and prevention activities across our assets.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Grounds maintenance, landscaping, tree planting, recreational asset maintenance, fencing, and minor capital improvements, to ensure sites and facilities are safe and fit for purpose
- Undertaking patrols on Seqwater land and on water to ensure Seqwater policies are being adhered to, and take appropriate action as required
- Delivering daily, weekly and monthly work plans in conjunction with the Senior Ranger to ensure effective and efficient delivery of works
- Conducting the spraying of chemicals for weed control, terrestrial and aquatic, and be accountable for the safe custody of chemicals
- Responding to wildfire events and oversee delivery of the prescribed burns program for the area
Full details available on the position description at careers.seqwater.com.au
To be successful in the role you will have sound communication skills (oral and written) and be a team focussed team player, together with the following:
- Possess an Unrestricted C Class Driver’s Licence for a manual vehicle
- Certificate in Natural Resource Management and/or relevant experience
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Commercial Operators Licence for herbicide application
- Fire Fighting Level 1
- Recreational Marine Driver’s Licence
- Four Wheel Driving Basics
- Chainsaw Level 1 and 2 Certificate
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as OO2-OO3 with a salary range between $59,098.02 - $63,150.47 plus up to 12.75% superannuation.
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
A medical, criminal history check and other background checks will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Applications close: 22nd September 2020 at 5.00pm
Please note – applications cannot be accepted via email
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now