Deputy Project Director | Lake Macdonald Dam
Job no: 497710
Work type: Temporary
Location: Lake MacDonald
Categories: Projects / Construction / Commissioning, Other
Your new position
- Contract until August 2023
We have a new opportunity in our Major Projects Group for a Deputy Project Director to take a leading role in our Lake Macdonald Dam Upgrade project.
As part of Seqwater’s Dam Improvement Program, the Lake Macdonald Dam Upgrade (LMDU) project will be the first major upgrade to the dam since the wall was raised in 1980. The project involves lowering of the reservoir, salvage and relocation of aquatic species, deconstruction the existing spillway and embankments, then building a new concrete spillway and reconstructing the embankments to better protect the structure against extreme events of nature.
As the LMDU Deputy Project Director, you will work closely with the Project Director to lead the construction delivery and commissioning phases of this significant project, implementing appropriate project management frameworks, tools and protocols to provide consistency and effectiveness in project delivery.
Role is based on site for the project duration with occasional travel to Brisbane
Full details available on the position description at careers.seqwater.com.au
To be successful in this role you will have 15+ years in managing the leadership and delivery of large-scale infrastructure projects ideally in excess of $50M. You will have managed projects in the water sector and have exceptional contractual/commercial acumen with a proven track record of successfully managing Tier 1 contractors.
You will be a strong leader working collaboratively with stakeholders with an outcome focused approach. You will develop your team and lead by example to ensure successful delivery.
You will also demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Engineering, Project Management or Economics.
- Extensive experience in project delivery, ideally both client and contractor side
- Extensive experience in Australian standards and general conditions for contracting, contract law, quality assurance, environmental management and workplace health and safety management.
- Proven high level knowledge of key areas of project management body of knowledge (PMBOK).
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 5pm Thursday 22nd October 2020
For further information please email enquiries to email@example.com
Please note – applications cannot be accepted via email. A criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now