Deputy Project Director | South West Pipeline
Job no: 497711
Work type: Temporary
Location: All, Wyaralong
Categories: Projects / Construction / Commissioning, Other
Your new position
We have a new opportunity in our Major Projects Group for a Deputy Project Director to take a leading role in our South West Pipeline project.
The South West Pipeline (SWP) will be the biggest addition to the SEQ Water Grid since completion of the Northern Pipeline Interconnector in 2012. A 24km bulk water pipeline will connect the Beaudesert Water Treatment Plant storage reservoirs to the new Wyaralong Water Treatment Plant. An additional 3km bulk water pipeline will connect the Wyaralong Water Treatment Plant to the Flagstone development area and the SEQ Water Grid pipeline network.
As the SWP Deputy Project Director, you will work closely with the Project Director to lead the construction delivery and commissioning phases of this significant project, implementing appropriate project management frameworks, tools and protocols to provide consistency and effectiveness in project delivery.
Role is based on site for the project duration with occasional travel to Brisbane
Full details available on the position description at careers.seqwater.com.au
To be successful in this role you will have 15+ years in managing the leadership and delivery of large-scale infrastructure projects ideally in excess of $50M. You will have managed projects in the civil or water sector, ideally of a linear nature, working with Tier 1 to Tier 3 contractors.
You will be a strong leader working collaboratively with stakeholders with an outcome focused approach. You will have experience working with landholders, councils and the Coordinator-General.
Leading a small project team, you will lead by example and be an experienced mentor who invests in development and empowerment of your team.
You will also demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction Management, Engineering or Project Management.
- Extensive experience in project delivery
- Extensive experience in Australian standards and general conditions for contracting, contract law, quality assurance, environmental management and workplace health and safety management.
- Proven high level knowledge of key areas of project management body of knowledge (PMBOK).
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 5pm Thursday 22nd October 2020
For further information please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note – applications cannot be accepted via email. A criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now