Job no: 494776
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Water Treatment Operator
In this role you will be responsible a range of activities to ensure continuous and efficient operation of Water Treatment Plants in order to achieve performance in accordance with Seqwater's internal requirements, and applicable legislation.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Operate, monitor, control and optimise the water treatment processes and maintain specified outcomes as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures by application of skills and experience and can operate multiple plants.
- Review, compile trend and record plant operational data as per operational procedures/protocols.
- Collect and analyse process samples in accordance with schedule and use initiative to ensure process integrity and optimal operation of treatment processes.
- Identify equipment faults, evaluate options and implement changes or contingency plans to maintain satisfactory plant operation. Initiate corrective actions using the appropriate work request system.
Desirable skills and experience
- Possess an Unrestricted C Class Driver's Licence for manual vehicle (Mandatory).
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. Water Industry Operations Certificate III) or ability to attain such within a specific timeframe (Mandatory).
- Certificate in Confined Space Entry Procedures.
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Forklift Ticket.
- Sound working knowledge of water infrastructure and the operation of associated equipment and plant.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation and maintenance of Water Treatment Plants highly desirable or similar process industries – preferably plants that include the use of modern technologies and processes.
- Understanding and experience in application of quality assurance systems including but not limited to HACCP systems and principles.
- Self-motivation and ability to work unsupervised.
- Sound computer skills including knowledge of SCADA and telemetry systems.
- We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including 12.75% superannuation;
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities;
- A team orientated work environment.
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's Certified Agreement as OO3 with a salary of $61,311.14 per annum + 12.75% superannuation.
To submit an application
Please submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 9am Monday 28 August 2017
For further information please contact Clare Taylor, Talent Acquisition Officer on 07 3035 5582.
Seqwater is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants to apply. For more information about employment opportunities at Seqwater visit careers.seqwater.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now