Manager Services and Pricing
Job no: 494850
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Finance, Accounting and Economics
About the position
Reporting to the General Manager Water Supply Strategy and Policy, you will be responsible for ensuring Seqwater's service obligations with customer and business needs, within a robust governance regime and sound commercial principles. You will also manage pricing and price regulation for one of Australia's largest water businesses, with regulated revenues approaching $1B per annum.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Provide leadership for continuous improvement in customer service across Seqwater.
- Ensure efficient policies, processes and systems are in place to understand and respond to customer needs appropriately.
- Ensure contracts, licenses and other instruments meet customer needs and achieve a balanced approach to risk allocation across the supply chain.
- Work with Government, customers and regulators to ensure Seqwater's pricing regulation frameworks are fit for purpose and facilitates customer engagement.
- Manage regulatory pricing reviews to achieve outcomes that enable Seqwater to recover efficient costs and reflect a reasonable allocation of risk.
Desirable skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in one or more of Commerce, Business, Economics, Legal or related field with a minimum of 10 years professional experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of service delivery principles in a utility environment.
- Demonstrated significant experience in utility services, contracts and service provision.
- Demonstrated success in managing the delivery of internal governance arrangements to support customer-centric decision making.
- Experience in negotiating commercial supply contracts, particularly from utility infrastructure.
- Demonstrated commercial skills in service delivery from utility and natural monopoly infrastructure.
- Extensive and demonstrated experience in the supervision and management of staff including the ability to provide day-to-day leadership and direction to a multi-disciplinary group, organise work, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence various stakeholders including those in a regulatory environment.
- Water industry experience would be beneficial, however not essential.
Please note the successful applicant will be required to undergo an Australian National Criminal History Check.
We are committed to providing our people with a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team oriented work environment
- Flexible work options
- Free car parking close to our Ipswich head office
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
To submit an application
Please submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 1 December 2017
For further information please contact Clare Taylor, Talent Acquisition Officer on 07 3035 5582.
Seqwater is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants to apply. For more information about employment opportunities at Seqwater visit careers.seqwater.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now