Senior Project Manager - Specialist
Job no: 496278
Work type: Temporary
Location: Capalaba, Hinze, Molendinar, Moogerah, Mudgeeraba, Wyaralong, All
Categories: Projects / Construction / Commissioning, Other
A fixed term opportunity exists for a Senior Project Manager (Specialist) to lead the project team to deliver our Beaudesert South-West Pipeline (SWP) project. This position will commence in July 2019 and is available through to March 2022, aligned with the project schedule.
Your new position
This is an exciting time at Seqwater, as we embed our new Vision and Values. Reporting to the Principal Project Manager South, Program Delivery, we are seeking a candidate with substantial experience in client side delivery management of complex civil / pipeline projects with an indicative value of $100M. Responsibilities will include:
- Contract negotiation with Tier 1 construction contractors and finalisation of an ECI process
- Contract Administration of AS4902 (Seqwater amended)
- Day to day co-ordination of the SWP project delivery team (circa 8-10 personnel)
- Manage the engagement of external providers and internal stakeholders to obtain best value in seamless asset improvement delivery.
- Ensure project delivery occurs in accordance with Seqwater processes, project management procedures, including project structures, controls and governance, risk management, stakeholder communications and reporting.
- Provide expert advice and support for SWP project delivery including risk mitigation, financial management, governance matters including:
- Safety management and leadership;
- Approvals (planning and environmental approvals are currently underway);
- Engineering and investigations – Detailed Design review and mitigation of risk;
- Communication & Stakeholder engagement (to deliver activities consistent with a current Plan);
- Operational readiness interface.
- Coach and mentor project team members.
- Position will be required to operate within the Brisbane/Ipswich/Scenic Rim/Logan Region.
You will be an experienced Senior Project Manager with 15+ years’ demonstrated experience in managing the delivery of similar major pipeline, pump station and water infrastructure projects of a complex and multi-disciplinary engineering nature, with project values of $50m+ as well as the following:
- Appropriate Engineering civil qualifications are highly desirable.
- Qualifications in Project Management are required.
- Class C Driver’s Licence
- Experience in working with Tier 1 construction contractors client side in delivery of major projects (preferably water industry related)
- Expert knowledge and experience in contract management, including knowledge of the requirements of various Australian Standards of General Conditions of Contract, permits, approvals and delivery and risk models related to delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated successful achievement as Superintendent’s Representative on major infrastructure projects.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 9am, Wednesday 1st May, 2019 at 9:00am
For further information please contact Jessica Barker on 0428 422 590
Integrity, respect, care and courage are at the heart of the way we work and interact with our colleagues, stakeholders, customers and the communities every day.
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’
For a list of all current vacancies (including position descriptions) visit careers.seqwater.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now