Job no: 496319
Work type: Temporary
Categories: Finance, Accounting and Economics
About the Role:
At Seqwater we are responsible for providing safe, secure and cost-effective bulk drinking water for 3.1 million people across South east Queensland. Located at our Ipswich Office and reporting to the Manager Budget Strategy and Performance we are currently seeking a hands-on Accounts Supervisor to lead a team of four people to ensure the accurate and timely processing of all routine financial transactions.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, on time, in accordance with statutory requirements and internal processes and standards; and
Provide leadership, mentoring and development in the workplace to the Transactional Services team by modelling high standards of work performance, positively influencing teams and individuals, negotiating, mediating and resolving conflict.
Please note this is a contract role until 26th June 2020, with a possibility of extension.
To succeed in our values-led organisation you will be a natural leader with the ability to engage and mentor your team to achieve key business outcomes as well as the following:
- Appropriate Tertiary qualification or a suitable experience of education and/or experience in a relevant area;
- Strong accounts payable and receivable experience;
- Seqwater is committed to continuous improvement, you may have the ability to get involved in projects that will improve how we work;
- You will have proven experience leading a similar sized team within a broader Finance Unit; and
- Team focus, and willingness to work hands on in the team.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo. We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free parking close to our Ipswich head office
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as an AO6 with a salary of $97,231.33 plus up to 12.75% superannuation.
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Wednesday, 29 May 2019 at 9.00am.
For further information please contact Samantha Ferguson 0431 896 781.
Please note a criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Integrity, respect, care and courage are at the heart of the way we work and interact with our colleagues, stakeholders, customers and the communities every day.
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’
For a list of all current vacancies (including position descriptions) visit careers.seqwater.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend