Senior Asset Engineer - Civil
Job no: 497415
Work type: Temporary
A fixed term opportunity exists for an Senior Asset Engineer – Civil to join us until Feb 2020 to assist with the development and improvement of Seqwater’s operational assets.
Your new position
Reporting to Principal Asset Lifecycle Planning you will undertake asset condition assessments and make recommendations about maintenance, renewal and upgrade needs. You will undertake engineering reviews and provide engineering advice on both internal and external projects that may impact Seqwater assets, and contribute to the development of fit for purpose engineering standards for the development and maintenance of Seqwater assets.
Your work will involve a broad cross section of facilities and infrastructure including major dams, water treatment plants, pump stations, bulk water pipelines and irrigation schemes.
While based at our Ipswich office flexibility in work location for this role is a given and travel across our portfolio will be required, which we envisage to be at least 2 days per week.
Please note this is a temporary opportunity until February 2020 but possibility for further opportunities within Seqwater.
Full details available on the position description at careers.seqwater.com.au
To set you up for success in this role you will have:
- Degree qualification in Engineering with a minimum of 7 years experience.
- Current registration with the Board of Professional Engineers of Queensland as a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) in a relevant area of engineering.
- Qualifications in project management or asset management (desirable).
- 'C' class drivers licence.
- Sound knowledge of civil engineering in relation to water infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislative, regulatory and standards requirements relating to professional engineering services and the implementation and management of water supply infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance systems and processes.
- Experience in engineering design and optimisation.
- Well developed skills in communicating clear, concise and accurate advice to a wide range of people with varying levels of knowledge and expertise.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free Parking close to our Ipswich Head Office
Please note a criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as PO5 with a salary of $118,556.64 plus up to 12.75% superannuation
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Monday 23rd September 2019 at 9am
For further information please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note – applications can not be accepted via email
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now